dinsdag 6 oktober 2015

GAFE Summit

Last year in London, UK I met Ken Shelton from the EdTechTeam and since that time we haven't stopped talking about joining forces and collaborating. Recently I was asked if I would like to join the European EdTechTeam in order to present at Google Apps for Education Summits (gafe), iOS Summits and Future Ready School Summits. I am more than happy to share my experience and work with teachers at occasions such as these and love to join this team. My first official appearance will be in Saudi Arabia at the Saudi Arabia Summit at the international school in Dhahran. This two-day high-intensity event focuses on deploying, integrating, and using Google Apps for Education (and other Google tools) to promote student learning in K-12 and higher education. I will be presenting about SMART amp and Google Classroom. 


Now to arrange visa, flight tickets etc. and I want to prepare myself for this trip as I have never visited the Middle East before and want to learn more about the the dress code etc. in order to do this as smoothly as possible. 
And thanks to my school that allows me to do such things besides teaching ...


UPDATE (29th October 2015)

I returned this Tuesday from the embassy and it turned out that the paperwork - the invitation - was not right. At first the place of application stated on the invitation is Washington and should be The Hague. And second I needed a letter from a Dutch(!) company that has an account number in the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands. Which EdTech hasn’t.
Travista is to blame because the send me the wrong document two weeks ago (little did I know) instead of sending me the invitation document from Saudi Arabia. So I won’t be able to travel to Saudi Arabia to join in on the team and help out at the gafe summit. But there will be more EdTech Summits that I will be presenting in the near future!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten