maandag 23 februari 2015

Global SMARTamp collaboration project

After the spring break my students will start collaborating with classes from the US. The topic of this geography semester is the United States of America and I've asked in the Global Collaboration Google+ group if teachers, classes and students from the US felt like collaborating. SMARTamp will be the platform to be used by the groups of students.

My class of 27 students will be divided in 9 smaller groups of three and each group will have their own workspace within SMARTamp and each school from the US will have access to one of the workspaces in order to collaborate and work with my students in order to gain information about school, climate, landscape, culture (art, sports etc.) and daily life.

I will need to create guest accounts within my Google domain, so classes from abroad can join in on the workspaces and collaborate with my students, regardless of the time differences, and learn from and with each other. I have done it a few times before with students from the Czech Republic and will start a grant project within two weeks, where 9(!) classes from different places in the US can join in on the workspaces from our my students in the Netherlands. They will need to share information, experiences, pictures etc. and in that way learn from each other and the extra for my students is that their English will be improved. ;)

At this moment we are going to collaborate with classes from:
  • Escondido, CA
  • Hughson, CA
  • Orland Park, IL
  • Plantation, FL
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Kandiyohi, MN
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Lexington, KY
  • Green Bay, WI
How awesome is that! Will share more of our experience within two weeks.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten